Individuals and Families
Traditional “advisors” tend to only focus on investments and insurance that they either manage or sell you. Our approach is to truly become your household CFO. We believe our best shot at enhancing our client’s wealth and assisting them in obtaining their financial and personal goals is to focus on directing household cash flow to appropriate savings vehicles. This in conjunction with debt management allows us to optimize the household balance sheet. This includes goal prioritization, optimizing asset allocation amongst investment accounts, ensuring proper insurance coverage and minimizing tax liabilities.
Safeguarding care of parents as they age, planning for a child’s college education, or ensuring your legacy is carried on as you intend, goal based financial planning is a necessity. For most families, this goal prioritization is an essential first step in the planning process.
Below is a list of ongoing planning scenarios that arise during our relationships with Individual & Family clients:
- Cash Flow / Budget analysis
- Investment Management & Reporting
- Education Planning
- Employee Benefit optimization
- Estate Planning
- Multi-Generational (Family) Planning
- Charitable Giving Planning
- Goal Setting & Prioritization
- Balance Sheet & Statement of Net Worth reviews
- Medical & Long-term Care Planning
- Debt Management
- Retirement Planning
- Insurance Planning & Risk Management
- Income Tax Planning
Growing a business is a difficult undertaking in the modern world. Business owners must navigate a myriad of tax laws and regulations while trying to profitably create products or services, manage their employees, and develop and cultivate clients.
Often times business owners are too absorbed in their business to tend to their own financial needs, and they may also overlook key planning considerations that could help their business grow and prosper. Also, the livelihood of a business owner can be imperiled when unexpected events occur that adversely affect the bottom line of the business.
Capital360Financial, LLC is in a highly unique position to serve business owners. With the professional staff on hand, we can serve as your trusted advisor to go far beyond a traditional “financial advisor.” Capital360Financial, LLC has a network of trusted CPAs, attorney’s, insurance agents and banking relationships to ensure your business has the right team driving it forward.
As always, our fee ONLY approach helps ensure that the services and recommendations provided by Capital360Financial, LLC are in the best interests of the business and its stakeholders.
Below is a common list of services that we engage with business owners:
- Retirement plan analysis, improvement, implementation, and employee education
- Insurance analysis for personal, key-man and buy-sell agreements
- Employee Benefit analysis and enhancement
- Business Consulting Tax Planning Tax Preparation (A network of trusted CPAs.)
- Succession Planning “Quarterbacking” critical projects with a team of attorney’s, insurance agents and bankers
We are well versed in the challenges and opportunities available to all engineering professionals and recognize that your time is valuable, regardless of your current stage in life.
Engineers often build their wealth from scratch. You know your strengths and are not afraid to delegate. You want to understand how your finances are managed and are not afraid to ask tough questions. Prudent planning and strategic measurements help guide your high standards, and you have the patience to follow the process necessary to meet your goals.
Capital360Financial can work with you individually to ensure you have a strategic financial plan to help meet your unique needs, future goals, and personal financial questions or navigate intricate compensation packages.
Benefit from partnering with a financial advisor who understands the risks and rewards of your profession and can provide sophisticated, convenient financial services to help you meet your life's goals. Education is a consistent focus in our client relationships, as we help you navigate through the various life stages of your career and then match those stages with appropriate financial strategies.
Engineers – Life Stages and Financial Planning Concerns
For those immediately graduating from college, we guide you through the beginning stages of finding a job, structuring student loan payments and housing transitions.
Years 1 – 3 for an engineer typically include financial planning conversations around student loans, understanding employee benefits, budgeting and saving, billable hours, and building emergency reserves. Additional topics include income protection, liability protection, establishing short-term/mid-term goals, and any vacation or travel plans.
Years 3 – 5 often focus on key financial concerns with climbing the career ladder. Employee benefits, student loans, homeownership, and starting a family may be essential in your life. With these increased responsibilities, there may be a need for increased income protection, asset protection, and various customized retirement strategies. Engineers often face whether to go with public service or private or whether to work in a large firm vs. a small firm.
Years 5-15 bring many aspects of work-life balance into focus. Sometimes there are daycare costs, student loans, and other vital financial concerns such as retirement, asset protection, income protection, or home ownership. Every engineer needs to create a will and monitor their asset allocations. College for kids, plans for aging parents, vacations and travel plans, and wedding costs are all potentially relevant factors within this stage.
Years 10 – 20 is the perfect season to maximize your savings. Consider liability coverage or partnership buy-in. Do you want to invest in group benefits, partnership agreements, or buy-in/out provisions of partners? You may need to navigate the best way to pay staff, practice overhead protection, and ensure Healthcare benefits and income continuity.
When engineers reach the 30+ year mark of their career, we will likely shift our focus to running out of money, long-term care needs, asset depletion, succession planning, and business valuation. It's important to consider adjusting investment allocations, medical care costs, and college costs for kids. Asset transference, estate planning, and legacy giving strategies provide a well-rounded approach to consider within the retirement life stage.
Financial Planning for Doctors in All Stages of Their Career
Making good wealth management decisions with the assets you’ve worked so hard to achieve.
C-suite and senior-level executives have unique wealth management challenges as a result of corporate compensation structures, especially the accumulation of financial assets invested in various forms of company stock. We help our executive clients by advising on the compensation negotiation, identifying ways to help protect personal and professional assets due to an oversized position, and taxation issues triggered by equity-based and deferred compensation.
Capital360Financial works with corporate executives to help simplify these complex issues and more. Managing the many layers of personal compensation and benefits packages can often be a time consuming and burdensome task. Our role is to alleviate that burden by performing the analytics to help quantify your benefits as a part of your overall financial planning goals.
How We Help
- Assess and provide recommendations on your corporate benefits including: 401(k) plans, deferred compensation plans, non-qualified savings plans, stock option plans, restricted stock plans, performance award plans, stock appreciation rights, employee stock purchase plans, life and disability insurance plans.
- Devise a deferral strategy and provide investment options for employer provided retirement plans.
- Quantify the current and expected future value of stock option awards. Design an exercise strategy to help to maximize value, manage risk and plan for financial independence.
- Evaluate your employer stock concentration and exercise strategy in relation to 10b5 1 plans, black out trading windows and minimum holding requirements. We’ll help you manage your stock concentrations to tax efficiently reduce your risk.
- Proactive tax planning: create a schedule of taxable items wages, stock options, restricted stock, etc.) to strategize annual financial planning decisions specific to your situation.
- Create proactive recommendations for financial planning strategies using your corporate benefits as the funding vehicle.
- Analyze current investments: provide information on your portfolio’s current risk and return attributes and cost structure. We’ll provide recommendations to help increase the efficiency of the risk and return relationship and reduce cost.
- Construct a long-term cash flow and retirement plan. The model will create an identity to your current and future financial situation and serve as a guide to help you make good planning decisions.